Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dark chocolate meringue cookies



Wow, I have dreamed about this day for a long, long time. I’ve wanted to start a foodie blog for over a year now. At the suggestion of one of my fans on Facebook, I ventured into unknown territory-to the land of food blogging. For hours, half-watching the season premier of Law & Order SVU, I familiarized myself with this microblogging platform. Hopefully I have the jest of it, although I’m sure I will learn much more through trial & error. Without further adieu, I give you Sin CIty Cookies.

Today, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Perhaps it was because I had to go the dentist, though truth be told, I have no irrational fear of dentists. Maybe it was because my day off had a to-do list so long, it was really nowhere close to the veg-out day I had hoped for. Regardless, I was a grump.

My husband had PT in the morning and then an appointment in the afternoon. He left the house all to eagerly. After a few apologetic texts on my part, it was agreed that the past 3 weeks of his recuperating from knee surgery had left me with no “me” time. This turned out to be the perfect time for this to happen. He had an invite to watch a live episode of “Man Vs Food Nation” with his coworker.

Ahhh the house all to myself. Nice rainy day out. Cue pumpkin spice candles, a little Ray LaMonagne, my obligatory cleaning and finally, oh finally, baking…

A month of dieting has left me jonesing for some QT with my kitchenaid and my oven. After scouring all my favorite food blogs I came across these beauts. Behold my friends, a scrumptious, decadent, lighter than a cloud, treat. Crisp & delicate you can eat several in one sitting. Not that I would know anything about that. And oh yeah, after popping several of these in his mouth at a time, I would say my husband is glad I had my ‘me time’ too.



Sin City Cookies

2 egg whites

3/4 cup sugar

2 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder

1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.

Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.

Gradually add your sugar and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Add cocoa slowly and continue to beat on high. Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon onto baking sheet and place in oven.
Important****Turn oven off****

Let sit for 8 hours. Do not open the oven door

No comments:

Post a Comment